Templates defines the attributes available to a Limio object, such as a Campaign or a Product. Templates are available in Config. Templates can be set at two levels of the hierarchy: directory ('dir'), or item ('item').
Limio Catalog supports multiple templates for the same object, for example:
- A template for an offer have an 'Acquisition Offer Template' and 'Retention Offer Template'. Or 'Subscription Offers', 'Bundled Offers' and 'eCommerce offers' - all of the type 'item'.
- A template for a campaign could be 'Brand A Template' and 'Brand B Template' - all of the type 'dir'.
Multi-templates are useful if a certain team or brand does not need certain fields for their campaigns or offers. This allow to keep things simple and tidy.
How to create new attributes
To modify a Template, go to Config and click a folder such as Offer. Scroll to the bottom and press the (+) button. You can then create a new field with:
- A name (this cannot be changed after)
- A label (editable)
- A type (editable): String, Numeric, Boolean, Picklist, Status, Chevron, Price, Date, Colour, Hidden, Rich Text and Multi-Picklist
These fields are now available for any templates to use.
How to display an attribute on a Template
To create a new template within an object:
- Select the Object - e.g. Offers
- Press Add Config
- Double-check the location is right, for example Config > Templates > Offers
- Specify the name of the new template and whether it is an item or a directory
- Then select the attributes you want to include in your new template
- Once created, you can edit the attributes.
We can now use this template for new offers 🎉
Don't see something? Make sure to refresh your browser, as old layout may be cached.
Any questions? Ping us an email at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.