Templates defines the attributes available to a Limio Catalog object, such as a Campaign or a Segment. Templates are available in Config.
Templates can be set at any level of a hierarchy. As a default however, Limio Catalog has the following levels:
- For Campaigns/Offers: OfferRootDirectory (a Campaign usually), OfferDirectory (a logical grouping of offers, such as UK or Acquisition), and Offer (the offers sold)
- For Product: ProductDirectory, Product
- For Segments: SegmentDirectory, Segment
- For Tags: TagDirectory, Tag
Assets does not have a configurable hierarchy as it automatically sorts Assets per type (images, text etc...).
Limio Catalog supports multiple templates for the same object, for example:
- A template for an offer could have an 'Acquisition Offer Template' and 'Retention Offer Template'. Or 'Subscription Offers', 'Bundled Offers' and 'eCommerce offers'.
- A template for a campaign could be 'Brand A Template' and 'Brand B Template'
Multi-templates are useful if a certain team or brand does not need certain fields for their campaigns or offers. This allow to keep things simple and tidy. Multi-templates are embedded in the hierarchy.
How to create new attributes
To modify a Template, go to Config and click a folder such as Offer. Scroll to the bottom and press the (+) button. You can then create a new field with:
- A name (this cannot be changed after)
- A label (editable)
- A type (editable): String, Numeric, Boolean, Picklist, Status, Chevron, Price, Date, Colour, Hidden, Rich Text and Multi-Picklist
How to display an attribute on a Template
To create a new template within an object:
- Press Add Template
- Select a location, for example Config > Templates > Offers > Offer
- Then select the attributes you want to include in your new template
- Once created, you can edit or delete it.
We can now use this template for new offers 🎉
Any questions? Ping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.