What are Region (including countries)?
Region can be of various types. Key types are Countries and Groups. Countries define the countries shown in the product selector in Limio. Groups can be used to activate Payment Gateways for a group of countries.
Once regions are set up, you will then need to review the Payment Gateways and assign the right groups to payment gateways. See ‘Set up payment gateways’ for more details.
How do I set up or modify a Region (including countries)?
Region is a managed metadata and should not be modified regularly. There are two types of changes that may happen:
1. Modify the display name of a country in the product selector
2. Edit or create new groups for payment gateways
We recommend you do not create new Country or State. If you need to add a new Country or State, please contact email@example.com.
To access Region, navigate to Salesforce Setup and type in the search bar Custom Metadata Types. Click on ‘Manage Records’ for Region. You may do two changes:
- To modify the display name of a country in the product selector, click edit next to a country. Then, modify the ‘Display Name’
- To edit or create new groups, you must know where it stands in the hierarchy.
- A top-level region should have a Label, a Region Name, a Display Name and type = group
- A child region should have a Label, a Region Name, a Grouping Parent Developer Name (equal to the parent name), a Display Name and a Group
- To assign a country to a new group, set the Grouping Parent Developer Name to the lowest region group you